Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5 Playtime
Dear Parents and Carers,
We understand that some children have been isolated from their friends for months and are missing playing and having fun. We hope that children are enjoying their online sessions and the chance to see, hear and have fun with their friends and teachers.
We recognise that we can’t replicate the fun of a playground online and therefore we have organised an hour long playtime for all children not currently getting a chance to come back to school. This is a chance to play with their friends within a safe and familiar environment and will include children in Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5 who are NOT in Key Worker groups.
These playtimes will happen outside of normal school hours and be supervised by one member of staff per group. This member of staff will most likely be a member of the Leadership Team and will be following social distancing measures.
Children will be split into ‘bubble groups’ of no more than 15 children from their current class and all sessions will run from 4pm to 5pm.
These playtimes will take place in one of the St Saviour’s outside play spaces. Please see the attached photo with details of session times for the children.
In order for this to work there are some rules that need to be followed:
1. Children to be dropped off at the relevant entrance at 4pm and parents and carers will not be able to come onto the school site
2. Please arrive on time. If your child arrives late there is a possibility they will not be able to access the playtime
3. Children need to wear the appropriate outdoor clothing for the weather
4. Children need their own water bottle, named and pre-filled with a drink
5. The sessions are 1 hour and parents must be ready to pick up their children at 5pm
6. Please ask your child to use the toilet before attending the session as we want to avoid children entering the school building
7. Children will be asked to use hand sanitiser before entering the school playground
We hope that the weather is kind to us, but if sessions need to be cancelled, we will attempt to rearrange them, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Executive HeadteacherSt Saviour’s Infant and Junior Church Schools